In 1950, Ignatius J. Michalenko started Adams Specialty & Printing in the back bedroom of his second floor apartment. He began with a small hand-operated press printing tickets, business stationery, and labels. A series of expansions saw the print shop quadruple in size. Through the years, family worked alongside him — brothers, sisters, wife, children, nieces, nephews, and in-laws.
In 1989, Iggy retired and the business was purchased by a partnership of his son, daughter, pressman Eugene Michalenko, Janice Hayer, and Joseph Shaw. They continue the commitment to produce quality products and to deliver them on time.